- Recruitment — Provide interdisciplinary, joint appointments, and ensure candidates have a positive experience.
- Orientation — Facilitate New Faculty Orientation with an emphasis on developing strong connections within each cohort, with UT colleagues and with the broader community.
- Enrichment — Promote internal development opportunities within the Center for Teaching and Learning, etc.
- Leadership Development — Create a program that introduces faculty to the many facets of leadership to help prepare UT faculty for campus leadership roles. In addition, develop training opportunities specifically for department chairpersons.
- Communication and Recognition — Provide opportunities for dialogue and feedback; recognize and celebrate faculty accomplishments.
- Retirement — Review and revise (as needed) policies and programs related to faculty retirement, and conduct exit interviews to better understand faculty perceptions of the university.